Sunday, January 7, 2018

How to Lose Customer Trust

I have noticed recently that Amazon has third party sales where the Amazon standard conditions do not apply. The third party has poor if zero return policies and it is near impossible to cancel an order. Cost of returns has exceeded the cost of the item and the communications with the vendor is nil. Why Amazon has mixed these in my opinion poor third party vendors with their own sales and in addition give no clear warning is beyond me.

This style of what I would see in my opinion as a "shady" practice will come back to haunt Amazon. I would rather go to Walmart or some other party then to be fooled by some third party Amazon purchase.

The other thing I have noticed and have experienced is that these third party vendors, such as those selling batteries, seem to just repackage used batteries and then sell them as new. It is difficult to prove that as a general consumer but if one does this can become a massive class action suit! Amazon should beware.

A reputation takes time to build but can be destroyed in a heart beat. Perhaps they have some bright MBA who saw a quick profit margin and never gave it a second thought. If Walmart were smart, namely no smart MBA type, they would jump on the bandwagon and tear Amazon apart on this issue!