Monday, April 10, 2017

Snatching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory

Like so many people I am a significant user of Amazon. However one of the things they must learn to do is to deliver on their promises. I have been seeing significant breaks recently. Namely with Amazon's own delivery services. The have in my experiences a significant failure rate. Amazon conditions customers to accept a certain level of service but then tries to expand well beyond their competence. The result in my experience is failure. If I were running the company, or at least that part, I would be exceedingly careful not to drop the ball. However it appears that whoever is in that position seems in my opinion to be clueless.

The result. You create a customer looking for an alternative. Not really a good idea. But unfortunately there is no way to let the folks at Amazon know this, ore perhaps arrogance leads to just not caring?