Thursday, January 8, 2009

Terentius Publius Squirrel

My latest Saga on Squirrel history talks about Terentius Publius the friend of Emperor Marcus Aurelius. An excerpt:

"Antnee, and just who is this Terentius Publius, another one of your historical tales?"

He sat there, ruffled up his whiskers, and looked at me with a slight bit of disdain for my ignorance. I guess somehow I should have known of this squirrel. In addition, my ignorance of squirrel history was vast, so I continued:

"Sorry Antnee, but could you refresh me on Terentius Publius, I just am unaware."

That clearly was unnecessary for he was ready to regale me with this spot of history. He started:

"Well Sir, Terentius Publius was the confidant of the good Emperor Marcus Aurelius. Yes Sir, the personal confidant of a true Roman Emperor."


I was again a bit taken aback and said:

"You mean the Marcus Aurelius who wrote the Meditations, that Marcus Aurelius?"


Worth a read, see www.telmarcgardens.com